Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Gospel: The Solution - Jesus Christ

As I mentioned in a previous post, I and three others are preaching tomorrow for our communion service. As preparation for the Lord's Table we are each highlighting key aspects of the Gospel of Christ. First, the fact of God's holiness and demand for us to be holy. Second, the reality of our sinfulness and depravity. Third (my part), the solution to our problem provided in Christ. And fourth, a call for a response to these truths.

I've chosen to do a brief exposition of 2 Corinthians 5:21 for my portion on the solution to our problem. This has to be one of my favorite passages in all of Scripture, as it so succinctly and powerfully outlines the Great Exchange of our sin for God's righteousness in Christ. Every time I teach on this passage I am filled with amazement at the depth of the grace so plainly spoken there. I pray that God uses this time to share that amazement with those in our church tomorrow. For His glory.

You can view a transcript of my small part of this service here.

No comments: