Thursday, April 10, 2008

Anticipating T4G...

We're approaching final countdown to launch for our trip to Together for the Gospel next week. It amazes me that there are a total of 19 of us from lil' old Highland Park Evangelical Free Church in Columbus, Nebraska heading for Louisville next week. Bright and early at 6:00AM Monday morning we'll hit the road in a pair of 15-passenger starships and make the 13-hour trek to T4G. You know how they say that the joy is in the journey? Somehow I'm thinking not so much in this one. But I may be surprised.

We had a BBQ get-together last weekend with all of us that are going, to sort of get primed. Talked about how we need to be focused not so much on what we individually can gain from attending the conference, but more so on what we can bring back and invest into others. We at HPEFC are a pretty Gospel-centered, Christ-centered and word-centered ministry already. But I'm hoping that we all each gain new insights into the glory, the wonder, the significance of the Gospel and continue to build our ministry and the disciples that are being developed deeper into Christ and His Gospel.
Also very much anticipating the Band of Bloggers gathering on Tuesday. I'm starting to see my blogging as less of a hobby and more of a ministry. Looking forward to see how God may reinforce that through the time spent with fellow Gospel-bloggers.
And I'm still a little up in the air on blogging the whole event. At a minimum I want to try to at least post a daily summary of the things that impacted me, and maybe some of the shared insights we gang of 19 have together. Also want to get a few pictures and post for posterity sake. Especially one with me and the Team Pyro guys. My heros...

T minus a few days and counting...

No comments: